NORTHEAST INDIANA – The Indiana Department of Transportation announces that debris removal is scheduled for several bridges in Adams, Blackford, LaGrange, Miami, Wabash, Wells and Whitley counties beginning on or after Wednesday, Oct. 25, weather permitting.
Drivers are cautioned to expect stopped traffic, lane restrictions and/or flaggers directing traffic in the following locations:
• S.R. 1 over the Wabash River, between East Division Street and Water Street in the City of Bluffton
• S.R. 5 over the Eel River, between South Water Street and West Elm Street in the town of South Whitley
• S.R. 9 over the Pigeon River, between Wayne Street and C.R. E 500 N in LaGrange County
• S.R. 15 over the Eel River, between C.R. 895 N and Reahard Road in Wabash County
• S.R. 18 over the Salamonie River, between East River Road and C.R. N 600 E in Blackford County
• S.R. 19 over the Wabash River, between East Canal Street and East Riverside Drive in the City of Peru
• U.S. 31 over the Eel River, between West Eel River Road and C.R. W 300 N in Miami County
• S.R. 218 over the Wabash River, between S.R. 16 and C.R. 500 W in Adams County
• U.S. 224 over the St. Mary’s River, between Front Street and Limberlost Train in the City of Decatur
INDOT reminds drivers to use caution and consider worker safety when traveling through any active construction zone.
Work on the bridges is expected to be complete by late November, weather permitting. The combined contract was awarded to Pioneer and Associates for $223,000.
To view these projects online, visit indot.carsprogram.org.
Drivers in Northeast Indiana can monitor road closures, road conditions, and traffic alerts at any time via the District’s social media channels: www.Facebook.com/INDOTNortheast or Twitter @INDOTNortheast. Or visit http://www.trafficwise.in.gov for INDOT’s TrafficWise Traveler Information Service.