These easy slow cooker pork fajitas offer loads of taste appeal. Sizzling tenderloin and veggies are tossed with a bold cilantro sauce and tucked into tortillas for a fun take on taco night.
• 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
• 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound), thinly sliced
• 1 tablespoon canola oil
• 1 small onion, sliced and separated into rings
• 1 medium green pepper, julienned
• 4 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
• Shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream, optional
1. In a small bowl, combine cilantro, garlic powder, chili powder, and cumin; set aside. In a large skillet, saute the pork in oil until no longer pink. Add onion and green pepper; cook until crisp-tender.
2. Sprinkle with seasoning mixture; toss to coat. Spoon onto tortillas; serve with cheese and sour cream if desired.
1 fajita: 327 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 299mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.