Tuscan Garlic Chicken is a family favorite! Tender and juicy crusted chicken served over noodles with a delicious creamy Tuscan garlic sauce.
What’s not to love about crispy, pan seared chicken covered in a creamy, cheesy sauce….all served over fettuccine noodles? You’d be crazy not to love this meal!
• 1 pound fettuccine noodles
• 1 1/5 pounds chicken tenders (or halved chicken breasts)
• 1 Tablespoon olive oil
• 1 Tablespoon butter
• ¾ cup all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons salt
• 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
• ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
• ¼ teaspoon onion powder
For the sauce:
• 1 red bell pepper chopped (about 1 cup)
• 1 Tablespoon garlic , minced
• 2 Tablespoons olive oil
• 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
• ½ cup low-sodium chicken broth
• ½ cup heavy whipping cream
• 3/4 cup milk
• 1 1/2 cups baby spinach leaves roughly chopped
• ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
• 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/4 teaspoon italian seasoning
• salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. Cook fettuccine noodles according to package instructions.
2. In a large bowl whisk together 3/4 cup flour, 2 tsp salt, 1 tsp pepper, dried basil, oregano, and onion powder.
3. Dip chicken breasts into bowl and flip to coat completely. Heat olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
4. Once hot, add chicken to the pan. Cook chicken for a few minutes on each side, flipping only once, until golden brown and just cooked through.
5. Remove chicken to a plate and cover with tinfoil to keep warm.
For the sauce:
1. While chicken is resting, prepare the sauce. Add a little more oil to the pan, if needed.
2. Add bell pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
3. Add 2 tablespoons oil the pan. Add flour and whisk until smooth.
4. Add chicken broth and whisk until smooth. Bring sauce to a boil.
5. Slowly whisk in cream and milk and reduce heat to a simmer. Season sauce with garlic powder, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper, to taste.
6. Simmer until just slightly thickened. Stir in fresh spinach, parmesan cheese and cook for 2 more minutes.
7. Place a serving of fettuccine noodles on a plate, add a piece of chicken on top and top with sauce.
8. Garnish with extra fresh parmesan cheese and parsley, if desired.