Fantastic Fish Tacos
Searching for a lighter alternative to traditional fried fish tacos, then check out this crispy, crunchy entree. It's sure to be a hit with friends and family!
• 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
• 1 tablespoon lime juice
• 2 teaspoons fat-free milk
• 1 large egg
• 1 teaspoon water
• 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
• 2 tablespoons salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
• 1 pound mahi-mahi or cod fillets, cut into 1-inch strips
• 4 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
• 1 cup coleslaw mix
• 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
• 1 cup shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
• 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
1. For sauce, in a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, lime juice, and milk; refrigerate until serving.
2. In a shallow bowl, whisk together egg and water. In another bowl, toss bread crumbs with lemon pepper. Dip fish in egg mixture, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
3. Place a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish; cook 2-4 minutes per side or until golden brown and fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Serve in tortillas with toppings and sauce.
1 taco: 321 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 148mg cholesterol, 632mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 34g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch.