Smoky Chipotle Sloppy Joe's
Smoky Chipotle Sloppy Joe's are everything you would think they would be and more. Packed with rich smoky flavor with a little kick this is certainly not your mama's sloppy joe's.
• 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
• 1 pound 93% lean beef
• 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
• 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo, chopped (to taste)
• 1 tablespoon adobo sauce (from chipotle peppers)
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 1 teaspoon onion powder
• ½ teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1 teaspoon New Mexico chili powder
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• ½ teaspoon black pepper
• 4 hamburger buns
• 8 pickle slices
• 1 tablespoon butter, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add oil and beef. Cook beef until browned, using a heat-safe spatula to break it apart as it cooks.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine tomato sauce, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and spices. Whisk to combine well,
- Place hamburger buns on a baking sheet and brush lightly with butter. Place cut side up. Bake for 5-10 minutes, until they are golden brown.
- Add chipotle sauce to browned ground beef. Stir to combine. Cook 4-5 minutes, until sauce is thick. Remove from heat.
- Serve on toasted hamburger bun with pickle slices.