Who wants a heaping slice of this taco lasagna? This taco casserole recipe just uses a handful of ingredients and it’s a huge hit with the family!
This is one of those easy weeknight recipes that the entire family gets excited about when they see it come out of the oven, all steamy and cheesy and gooey.
So, give it a try and let us know what you think!
• 1 pound ground beef 96/4
• 1 packet taco seasoning
• 1/4 cup water
• 1 can Ro*Tel diced tomatoes with chiles drained
• 1 can Nacho Cheese Soup
• 1/4 cup sour cream
• 1 cup grated cheddar
• 12 8- inch soft tortillas
• Guacamole, cilantro, sour cream for topping, as desired
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x9 baking dish with non-stick spray.
2. Add the beef to a large skillet over medium heat and crumble as it cooks. Drain grease when cooked through.
3. Add the taco seasoning and water to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Dump the tomatoes, cheese soup, and sour cream into a medium mixing bowl. Stir in the cooked meat.
5. Place 3 tortillas in the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Top with 1/3 of the meat mixture.
6. Repeat layers, ending with a layer of tortillas on the top. Sprinkle the cheese over the top.
7. Bake for 20 minutes or until hot and melty.
8. Serve sprinkled with chopped cilantro, guacamole, and extra sour cream, as desired.